Monday, December 29, 2008

I'M MOVING TO NORWAY!!!

Ok, so I havne't been on the blog train lately and with good reason... I found out recently that Kim and I are moving to Trondheim, Norway!

Kim applied for a job that had opened up with the Norwegian Government due to a maternity leave. They were impressed with her resume, flew her over for an interview, and offered her the job shortly thereafter! So, we have both been busy trying to work this all out as Kim leaves within the next two weeks and I'm going to be leaving in February! This was just such a good opportunity that we simply could not pass it up.

Trondheim is located in mid Norway on the west coast in a protected fiord.


Trondheim is an old historic Viking city that is full of culture and history.


Did I mention that Trondheim is an orienteering mecca with elite clubs, world champions, more maps than you could use in a year, and is holding the world orienteering championships in 2010? Yeah, it's that good. Despite being at a similar latitude of Iqaluit, Nunavut, Trondheim is relatively mild with winter temps hovering around -7 Celcius making it a cross country skiing mecca as well. I bet they have over 500 km of trails within a 30km radius of the city centre. Ok, that's a total guess but the above map is of a big area and it is literally covered in trails. I'm still not sure what the mountain bike situation is like there but I'm sure it will be decent.


I think I could get used to this!

These photos were all a random assortment from the Google Images directory. It looks like I can go see 'W.A.S.P.' rockn out with all there skeleton paraphenalia.

I'll try to give more updates as they come. Just writing this has got me really psyched. Can't wait!!!

TNO

3 comments:

KMag said...

Great posts Todd! It was great to have you two here for Christmas! We can't wait to hear your stories from Norway and if you are bored over the next month after Kim leaves come on up here for another visit!!

Jeff Hunt said...

Have a great time in Norway dude!
There will certainly be adventures over there to suit your style, I'm sure. We all look forward to the day you guys return. Enjoy!

DARTvg said...

Hey TN...My sister in law (JVG's sis) moved to Stavanger, South of your new home this past fall. We are planning an escapade out there this summer (2009), would be cool to hook up and maybe to get a race in while we are there...Mt Bike, Rogaine, AR. Let me know if anything pops up.