Tuesday, July 15, 2008

MOMAR 301 Clinic

I've been quite busy lately all around which comes with its ups and downs. I was exited to find out last week that after a low initial sign-up, my MOMAR 301 course was filled to capacity for this past Saturday's clinic.

As it was the first clinic that I have done, and since a clinic like this had not yet been done, I had to prepare all of the course materials and setup several courses to test the participants. I had a good course outline sketched out but knowing me, I had to make it as polished and complete as possible so I still found myself finishing it off the night prior and printed off all the maps.

In the end, I was really happy with how everything turned out and thought that the clinic went very well with a good mix of sit-down training and actual orienteering courses. I've had some good feedback as well which was good to see that the participants also got a lot out of it.

I'm going to try and get another course together before the Cumberland event as well. I don't have any dates set yet but was maybe thinking of September 13th. If you're interested, maybe give Bryan a shout through the MOMAR site so that I can gauge interest.

Thanks for those who came out and good luck at the Cowichan Valley MOMAR which is coming up fast!

TNO

No comments: