Thats right, the Sage 24 hour rogaine is being held next weekend and will be an absolute blast for everyone involved. There are not many Rogaines that take place each year, and so if you've never done one before, now is your chance. This is 24 hours of navigation in the Grasslands Provincial Park area of Kamloops, BC. The terrain here is absolutely fantastic and the temperature and weather should be well suited to keep going strong all night long.
I would highly recommended this event. There are a bunch of people going from the lower mainland and Victoria so, if you don't have a partner or way of getting there, I'm sure you could hook onto a car pool and find a teammate. Click on the link below for more info:
Teams of 2 to 5 people choose how long and how far they will venture to find as many of the Controls marked on the map as they can. The controls may be found in any order and teams may return to the central Hash House at any time to eat and/or sleep.
LOCATION: Thompson River Benchlands, west of Savona, B.C.
- 60 Controls of varying value are spread over approximately 130 square Kilometres
- Map Scale is 1:50,000 with a Contour interval of 100 feet with some additional form lines
- Five colours to International Rogaining standards.
- All controls and water drops have been pre-marked on the maps
- The terrain is approx. 40% Open Grasslands...50% open forest and 10% denser forest
Hope to see you there!